How to beat emotional eating
Frédéric Patenaude, the "no-none sense" raw-food-coach, has some helpful tips for individuals having challenges with emotional eating. Frédéric first suggestion is that one understand the difference between true forms of hunger and false forms of hunger:
Signs of True Hunger
- The stomach “aspirates”
- The mouth salivates
- The mind is optimistic, clear, and happy
- A pleasant sensation in the throat
- Hunger persists when we wait
Signs of False Hunger
- Dry mouth, coated tongue, bad breath
- Rumblings in the stomach
- The mind is spacey, unclear, the spirit pessimistic
- Stomach cramps and pains, nausea
- Hunger disappears when we wait.
"How to Beat Emotional Eating", in the latest version of the "Pure Health & Nutrition E-Zine" by Frédéric Patenaude.