Raw food philosophy killed their baby?
I heard about Joseph and Lamoy Andressohn case about two months ago, but never really understood the full scope of the matter. After receiving a Google News Alert on case (it was under keywords raw food) I finally took time out to update myself on the situation and just how out-of-whack it really is.
After you check out the facts, consider supporting the Andressohns'.
Note: This case is an extremely important one to follow if you are 1) into an "alternative diet" and 2) if you have kids or plan on having them in the future
First, the latest news on the Andressonhn's case:
Judge: Jury Not To See Tapes Of Children In Case Over Baby's Death
A judge in the case of parents accused of starving their baby to death has ruled that video recordings made of the baby's older brothers will not be played for the jury. The boys, who were 4 and 6 at the time the tapes were made, described a household where cooked food was not allowed.
Now some of the basics, chronologically (via rawfriends.com):
- The Andressohns are the proud parents of 4 beautiful children ages 8, 6, 4 and 3
- As part of their home schooling, the children were taught how and why a live food diet is so important to their health & well being.
- The Andressohns’ 5½-month-old daughter, Woyah, who at birth was diagnosed with DiGeorge Syndrome was having problems breathing.
- May 15, 2003, the Andressohns called 911 for help when they noticed Woyah was having breathing problems immediately
- The ambulance arrived with the local police.
- The officers suspected parental neglect, and held the parents for further questioning, forbidding them to go to the hospital to be with their ailing child.
- Two hours after the emergency call was made, the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) arrived and took the other four children into custody
- The parents were questioned by the police for hours, and after all of this time the Andressohns were then given the terrible news their baby daughter Woyah had died hours before.
- The police and DCF investigators had clearly withheld the information of their baby’s death as a means to extract information unethically
- The shocked and grieving Andressohns were then taken home and were told they would be contacted.
Keep reading at rawfriends.com