Occasionally I get the urge for something warm - might I say hot even. And when that feeling comes, nothing hits the spot like this Yerba Mate Latte recipe. Much love goes out to Cafe Gratitude for introducing me to this elixir.
Making a Yerba Mate Latte is simple. All you are really doing is mixing Yeba Mate tea with some form of nut milk, (I'm going to use an instant cashew milk recipie). See my footnotes if you are a raw purest.
Ingredients (Raw & Organic)
- 4 TB Cashew Butter (like this)
- 2 1/2 Cups Pure Water
- 2 TB Agave or Honey (like this)
- 4 Dashes of Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Tsp. Sea Salt
- Yeba Mate tea leaves or tea bag (like this)
1 - Preparing the Instant Cashew Milk
- One: Throw your 4 TB of Cashew Butter into the blender with your water.
- Two: Salt, Cinnamon and Vanilla definitely add that magic touch.
- Three: Blend it like you mean it.
- Four: So silky smooth!
2 - Preparing the Late
- One: Heat up a pot of watter or tea kettle to your desired temp.
- Two: Drop in the Yerba Mate tea bag and hot water into a cup, let it sit for 5 minutes or so.
- Three: Using a strainer (to catch the un-blended chucks of cashew) fill up 1/4 up the cup with the cashew milk. More milk if you want it creamier.
- Four: Add a dash of cinnamon for the road and you're read to go!
Sharing is caring. Enjoy.