Dear bloggers, I'm kindly requesting that you swtich to Disqus
Disqus is a third-party blog commenting system. We've been using it here at WLIR for 11 months to host all of our blog comments. It's simple to use, it has a ton of cool features and more blogs are singing up to use it everyday.
Most blog commenting systems, like those on wordpress, typepad and blogger, aren't very easy to use. They all have their own sign-ons, their interface is often cluncky and they lack the ability for people to reply directly to one another in comment threads.
Disqus not only allows commenters to reply directly to one another, but it also:
- Does a way better job blocking spam comments
- Allows blog owners and commenters to reply to comments directly via email (my favorite feature!)
- Allows blog owners to block the ip addresses of ego's with malicious intent
- Allows bloggers to re-blog great comments they see on their site
And it allows your readers to share the same sign-on/avatar for other sites that also use Disqus. That means less logging in and out to blogs to share your opinion!
Before I installed Disqus on WLIR, posts would average about 3 comments each. Now, we're easily averaging 10 comments a post with about two posts a week getting 20+ comments. A lot of that is due to the fact that I'm participating in commenting more often than I use to because makes it easier to do so.
Disqus won't make you a better writer : ) but it will make you and your readers better commenters.
Here are a few great raw food blogs that I'd love to see using Disqus in the next few weeks:
- Raw Food Coach by Karen Knowler
- Raw Food Right Now by Heidi and Justin
- Debbie Does Raw by Debbie Young
- Real Food Tulsa by Penni Shelton
- Wyldegirl by Jenny Nelson
- Bunny Berry by Beth Berry
- Rawdorable by Shannon Marrie
Here's to great conversations!
p.s. Install is easy, but if you need help, feel free to holla at your boy!