Interview with Tim VanOrden on performance and possibility
Our guest today is Tim VanOrdern. Tim is a motivational speaker, raw food coach and the founder of the Running Raw Project.
Since embarking on a raw food diet back in 2004, Tim has been traveling around the country educating thousands of people about the power of raw foods and physical fitness.
The strength in Tim's message is that his information on peak performance comes from his first hand experiences - not just some collection of books. For the last 4 years Tim has been meticulously tracking his performance and the effect that various training and food regimens have had on it. In a way Tim has literally turned his 40 year old body into a full fledged experiment by simply trying to find out what was possible.
- What was Tim's relationship with food like growing up?
A New Relationship with Food
- How did vanity play a roll in Tim's switch to a vegan diet?
- When did Tim first hear about raw food?
- What role did depression play in Tim's search for a better relationship with food?
- How did a two week trial with raw foods turned into a multi-year adventure
- What were some shifts, both emotionally and physically, that Tim noticed in his first two weeks of being raw?
- Tim takes on the statement, "As long as it's raw it's healthy"
- How did Tim's raw food diet change after 6 months of raw restaurant food?
Performance & Food
- How Tim turned his body into a lab and took on every single raw food diet out there
- Tim's thoughts on 80/10/10 and Doug Graham's work
- How many calories does Tim eat a day?
- Tim's take on essential fatty acids and the roll they play to combat stress
- Tim's recent first place wins! What's up with that Tim!?
- Has Tim been able to duplicate his results with other athletes who don't share his body type?
- How did disappointment push Tim to conduct a public health experiment?
Training, Mentality & Presence
- How has Tim's training process evolved over the years?
- What does it mean to surrender to your training and be in the moment?
- "When I'm not eating, I'm not a raw fooder... I'm just Tim"
- How food effected Tim's ability to be present and drop unneeded thoughts
- "I don't feel there is a raw food movement without movement"
- Tim's take on depression and choices
- "Raw Food is not the magic pill. What it is, is an awakening."