[Events] From a Chocolate Party in New York to a Juice Fast in Portland
A few fantastic happenings in the raw food community.
- New York, NY
- Portland, Oregon,
- Brooklyn, NY
- and Temple, NH
SurThivial in the 21st Century
- Location: New York, NY
- Date: Saturday June 27th, 2009
- Investment: $40 for the lecture, $20 party or $50 for both
- More details: www.nychocolateparty.com
A Seven Day Juice Fast to Stop Global Warming
- Location: Portland, Oregon
- Date: August 22 to August 29, 2009
Overview: Rabbi Gabriel Cousens MD takes you on a week-long fasting journey that includes: 5-hour daily schedule of juices, classes, meditation, yoga and Q&A. It will include special guest speakers as well.
- Investment: $799.00
- More details: juicefastforpeace.com
Raw Food for Beginners, 1-Day Class
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Date: Saturday July 11, 2009.
Overview: My friend Alina Vladimirova is hosting a dope class that will take a person from knowing very little about the raw food diet to having tons of practical information to get started and do it right from the start. Also include: 15 easy to make recipes to make the transition easy to do and enjoyable (all that accompanied with a big colorful booklet to take home with them).
- Investment: $127
- More details: radiantonraw.com/classes.html
Foraging Wild Edibles at Herban Living Farm
- Location: Temple, NH
- Date: Sunday, June 22 and July 27, 2-6 pm
Overview: Learn to identify many of the wild edible plants that grow in this region. The day will include a slide show of common edible plants. Discussion of the psychology, ecology and spiritual aspects of foraging for food and a co-operative potluck meal and celebration of the food we've gathered that day.
- Investment: $30
- More details: (603) 878-0459 or herbanlivingbandb.com
Got an event? Hit us up at blog [at] welikeitraw [dot] com