Interview with Daniel Clary: following your passion and changing the health of the world one scoop at a time
This week's We Like It Raw podcast is guest hosted by my very good friend Ben Tseitlin. Ben is a chocolatier and entrepreneur who believes that conscious business can empower us to create the change we want to see in world. Ben lives between San Fran, LA and NYC.
32 minutes | Download the MP3 | Subscribe via iTunes
Our guest this week is entrepreneur, former vegan personal chef and creator of Alkemie Ice Cream, Daniel Clary.
Daniel left his career as a personal vegan chef and embarked on a dream to create a raw ice cream that would please both a healthy, conscious eater and typical ice cream consumer. After a trip to South-East Asia, a series of synchronicities occurred that supported his vision for the ice cream.
His story is an inspiration to raw business entrepreneurs and those who want to create a life around what they're passionate about.
He is also here to help if you have any questions he might be able to answer. You can send him an email at daniel (at) alkemieicecream (dot) com
His ice cream is currently only available in the San Francisco Bay Area in almost every Whole Foods store and many local health food stores. To find where you can try some of his ice cream click here.
Following Your Path:
- How the company name and vision came to Daniel on a trip to South East Asia
- Transitioning from being a vegan personal chef to starting a raw ice cream business
Creating a Raw Food Business:
- How synchronicity played a role in growing his business
- The story of how his future business partner found his ice cream on Yelp
- Sychronicities that lead to his ice cream being available at Whole Foods
- Finding the right people who could produce his ice cream on a larger scale and maintain the integrity of his recipe
The Science of Ice Cream
- What Daniel learned about how traditional dairy ice cream is formulated and how he applied this to his raw ice cream
- Learning about how ice cream factories work and how to make them raw ice cream friendly
Daniel's lessons for entrepreneurs
- Make sure you are passionate about whatever you choose to do
- Reach out to similar companies for advice
- Do your due diligence and never give up