[Recipe] Courtney's Epic Miso Soup
Back in April I paid a visit to the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center in Patagonia, Arizona. Not only did I have a fantastic time, but I also ate really well.
One of my favorite dishes from the trip was an epic miso soup that Courtney Pool made me. I know it looks a little weird, but wow was it good. Enjoy!
Courtney's Epic Miso Soup
- South River unpasteurized miso
- Tomato concentrate by Premier Research
- Goji Berries
- Hemp Seeds
- Raw Honey
- Sea Salt (pink himalayan salt is a great option)
- Other seaweed (optional)
- Nutritional flakes (optional)
- Agaricus mushroom powder (optional)
Directions (not exact, so you'll have to play with it)
- Warm up four cups of water on the stove in a big pot.
- Add 2 table spoons of South River miso and mix it into the water. Leave no chunks.
- Add 2.5 tea spoons of tomato concentrate and mix it well.
- Add 3 to 4 pinches of hijiki or other seaweed
- Add 2 tea spoons of goji berries
- Add 1 tea spoon of hemp seeds
- Add 1/2 of a tea spoon of honey
- Sea Salt to taste
Let all the all the ingredients sit in the warm water for at least 5 to 8 minutes and the serve.
Note: All the quantities of ingredients can be easily changed depending on one's liking.