[Recipe] Ani Phyo's Donut Holes
Dreaming About Donut Holes by Ani Phyo
Serve with Berry Compote (page 233).
- 1 ¾ cups almonds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 2 cups dried pineapple, chopped
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- In food processor, place almonds, salt, and vanilla.
- Process into a fine powder first.
- Slowly add chopped pineapple and dates, mix well.
- Place in a large bowl. Mix in 1/3 cup shredded coconut.
- To serve, use an ice cream scooper or spoon to form donut holes.
- Roll holes in ¼ cup shredded coconut.
- Will keep for over a week in the fridge.