[Recipe] Frank Giglio's Mineralized Bulky Salad
Note from Philip and Dhrumil: One of the reasons we love our My Way feature is that it really honors the fact that people incorporate live foods into their diet in many ways. You could say that appreciating everyone's own individual journey is one of our core value at We Like It Raw. Many of our readers are vegan, many are not. At the end of the day, your dietary choices are your own to make. This specific recipe contains raw milk cheese as an option. If that's not your thing, feel free to leave it out. Much love.
Mineralized Bulky Salad by Frank Giglio
This recipe often serves as staple when on the road when options are slim and dense nutrition is a must. The combined ingredients make for a complete and well rounded meal. With the chlorella you get a complete protein. The dulse provides essential minerals while the raw cheese provides valuable vitamins. The fermented veggies element promotes digestion and helps to build healthy gut flora. Wild picked greens give us properties unseen in conventional or even organic produce. Prepared with love and served with a purpose, the end result is a flavorful and life giving salad that will heal and nourish the body. Enjoy!
- Large handful fresh greens
- 1-2 garlic scapes or cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced red onion
- 21 chlorella tablets
- 1/4 cup of dulse, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 ounces raw milk cheese (preferably from Jersey cows)
- 1/4 cup fermented veggies or sauerkraut
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- After prepping all the veggies, place them into a mixing bowl.
- Gently toss with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Taste and season with sea salt and fresh black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Frank Giglio merges classical technique with herbalism, superfood nutrition and whole foods, which allow him to create a clean, pure, and healing style of cuisine. He is the owner of Frank's Finest, and currently hosts a line of culinary herb + spice blends that are handcrafted by Chef Franky from organic or wild harvested plants.