[Recipe] Lemon Balm Berry Ice Cream
Lemon Balm Berry Ice Cream by Heather Pace
Last summer I tried lemon balm in a recipe for the first time. I was so impressed! This tangy refreshing ice cream is packed with the lemony tasting, soft, fuzzy green herb. Lemon balm, part of the mint family, has been used throughout the ages to reduce anxiety, stress, pain, and indigestion.
You can substitute these berries for any other berries of your choice.
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup packed lemon balm leaves
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2-3 drops lemon essential oil*
- Blend all but all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Process the liquid through an ice cream machine according to the manufacturers instructions.
- *Substitute lemon zest to taste.
Check out Heather's last recipe post for WLIR: Italian Chocolate Almond Zuccotto
Heather works as a personal chef, Kripalu yoga instructor, and temptress of some of the finest raw desserts around. She also added author to the list as she launched 3 raw dessert recipe books, which can be found on her website SweetlyRaw.com.