Pizza Gone Raw
*Requires a dehydrator
- 3 cups raw oat flour (grind oat groats in the vitamix to a fine powder)
- 1 cup almond flour, (grind in the vitamix to make a fine flour)
- 1 cup flax, ground
- 2 cups water, add a little more if needed
- 2 apples, cored
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian herbs, more if you like
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, opt
Mix oat flour, almond flour, flax powder, herbs and nutritional yeast together in a large bowl. In high speed blender combine the water, apples, olive oil, blend until the apples are completely broken down. Add liquid mixture to the dry mixture and mix well, adding a little water at a time as needed.
Get the non stick dehydrator sheets out, set them on top of the mesh sheets. Take a half cup of the mixture for each crust, drop 4 to a sheet. Have a cup of water handy. Get your fingers wet and smooth and flatten crusts into rounds at about 1/8 inch thick. Dehydrate on 125 for 8 hours, turn over and remove non stick sheet and place crusts directly on mesh sheets. Continue to dehydrate another 8 hours or until completely dry.
Store in a zip lock baggie in the fridge. Will keep several weeks.
This recipe will make 12 mini crusts or 4 large crusts.
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for 20 minutes
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, opt, not raw
- 1 teaspoon probiotic powder (Body Ecology is awesome)
- 1/2 cup filtered water, add more if needed
Blend ingredients on a high speed blender until smooth. Add a bit of water if needed, 1 teaspoon at a time. Place a strainer lined with cheesecloth over a bowl. Pour mixture into the strainer. Cover with cloth and place a heavy stone or weight on top to press out extra water. Leave out to culture for 24 hours.
- 2 cups tomatoes
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, soaked
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 dates
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1/8 Tsp cayenne
- 1 Tsp sea salt
Place in blender and blend till smooth.
Spread a layer of cheese on crust, add 2-3 tablespoons of the marinara sauce, add toppings. Place pizza in dehydrator for 20 minutes if desired. Enjoy!
Topping suggestions: Chopped red peppers, tomato, olives, basil, mushrooms, chopped pineapple.
In Love and Health,
Lori Clayton, LMT, CHHC